Monday, November 2, 2009

To infinity and....

...Trick-or-treating!!!
Buzz Light Year


Ry had a blast this Halloween. Chris and I took him to a few houses this year. Ry was a little unsure what we were doing, knocking on random doors and saying "tick-or-treat!" Although, he liked the end result... CaNdY!!!

Decorating pumpkins this year was fun. Daddy was on a hunting trip so it was just Ry and I for this festivity. Good times. I was glad that we skipped the "guts" this year. I found these great potato head decorations for pumpkins at Walmart.



Aquarium
The aquarium was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Ry, Jessica, Cindy and I took the trip and enjoyed every second of it. Ry was thrilled to see Nemo and froggies...two of his favorite animals.





Caterpillars!

A few weeks ago, I was driving home from work and I saw these little fuzzy things scurrying across the road. Curiosity got the cat and I had to pull over. I caught four little caterpillars to take home to Ryu. Needless to say, Ryu loved them. Ryu got to feed them and hold them every day, which was the greatest thing ever for him. After doing a little research, turns out these little guys are called Woolybear caterpillars. They turn into moths after they cocoon in JUNE. I was not wiling to keep them that long so after a week we let them go so they could find a home before winter came. It was fun while it lasted.




Things are going well at the Whiteman house. We Had a great Halloween and can not wait for Christmas. Honestly, I think about it every day. I can't wait to see what Ry thinks of this season. I think he is going to catch on to the "spirit" of Christmas and totally eat it up! As will I!!

5 comments:

Hill said...

awesome! looks like you guys have been having some serious fun! I LOVE your costumes, that is killer.

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

I'm still sad that Buzz was such a tired little trick or treater this year and we didn't get pictures. He looked so cute though! I love that you stopped in the middle of the road to get those caterpillars for Ry, what a great mommy you are!

Heidy said...

I love love love your costumes!! That is awesome that you got Chris to dress up...I guess fatherhood is softening him up a little ;) Ry's hair cut is so stinking cute. He looks like a little boy (sort of sad) but he is so cute. Your Lake Powell trip looked Awesome!!! That surfing looks so cool. I bet Austin would get so addicted to it.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he's getting!!! Love the costumes by the way....too cute!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh....I LOVE your costumes!! I hope all is well with you guys! I miss ya!