Saturday, September 26, 2009

For graduation, Chris bought us a time-share on a house boat in Lake Powell. I have been so excited to go on this trip! We were thrilled to take Ryu to one of our favorite boating/camping destinations! Lake Powell has a certain "feel" to it. If you have ever been, you know what I am talking about. The place is simply beautiful, and in September, the weather is too perfect! I am already looking forward to next year!




Ryu was not thrilled about the cooler water but he seemed to enjoy floating around a bit.
Grandma Linda


Grandma and Grandpa Whiteman taking it easy with Ry. Ry fell asleep shortly after this picture.



These pictures are a little out of order. This is on the way home. Like-farther-like-son. I do love these quiet moments though!


Miss Cindy and her Hersey castle.



Foot in bucket?

Ryu spent most of his time on the beach. With the rising waters, we were lucky enough to find a great beach with great sand. I was grateful. Sometimes at Powell, it is really hard to find a non-rocky-sharp stick-thorn in your foot-kind of beach.

Ah, we got to meet some great new friends that taught us how to surf the wake. This is not wakeboarding. This is actually surfing. It is so much fun and really easy to do! I have to say...I am addicted. I LOVE surfing. Unfortunately, surfing requires a really nice boat (a V-drive). Chris and I now have a "boat fund" for our surfing entertainment. Holy-cow, you need to try it!

More floating


Reema surfing.


"Serious" Chad.

Cindy was our flag girl.


The D man.

My ladies!

I love this picture, just because of Ry's ear. Ha ha...he really liked to ride in the boat after he got used to it. At first, he was a little un-sure about boating. But what can I say, he is born for Powell adventures. It is in his blood!

My Man....ooooh he!

Cindy was great for Ry. He loves to play with her. It was great for him to have a friend.

Nap time....He he he.


Bridey buried Ry in the sand. He absolutely loved every second of it. He would un-dig himself just to be buried again.



I got to teach Ry how to fish Hot dog style. I love to fish and so does Ry. This was his first time fishing where he was successful. Hot dogs...they work.

I lOVE, LOVE this picture. This is Ry's first catch. A nice big carp. As you can see, he is pretty proud of himself and totally soaked in dad's praise!


I think he still remembers this fish. He walks around saying "fishy?, Fishy?" all day. I think we have many fishing trips in our future. I am looking forward to some good mommy-son dates that I will enjoy as much as he will.



Again...a peaceful moment.

A toad! This little guy inspired Ry to learn to hop like a frog. It is really cute to watch as he tries his hardest to make a good leap and says "Ribit!"

Sandballs?


This is our house boat. It is a little older but serves the purpose! It was so much fun!

4 comments:

Hill said...

Wow Suzy, that looks so fun! I'm jealous of that awesome beach, we weren't so lucky when we took Am down.

Anonymous said...

I love lake powell!!! Looks like you guys had a blast. Miss ya!

Carly said...

Suz, I can't get over your little man. He's adorable! Miss you and hope you're doing well!!

Jake and Nicole said...

Looks like yall had a great time! Ryu looks SOOO much like you. That picture of Chris, Ry and the fish is sooooooooo precious!!! miss you!